- Increases shoulder and spinal mobility.
- Stretches the hip flexors, abs, obliques, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, back and legs.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Start in Side Plank on your right hand. Check that your right wrist is directly under your right shoulder and reach your left hand up to the sky.
- Step your left foot back onto the floor behind you, lift your hips up, arch your spine and drop your head. Reach through your fingertips.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, come back to Plank and repeat on the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist, shoulder, neck, back or hip injury.