Wide-Leg Forward Bend releases tension at the lower back and stretches the ankles, calves and hamstrings.
- Stretches the ankles, calves, hamstrings and lower back.
- Releases tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Step your feet out wide and parallel your feet.
- Bring your hands to your hips. Inhale, lengthen your spine. Exhale, fold forward from the hips with a flat back.
- You can bend your knees as much as you need to to reduce the pressure on your lower back.
- Bring your hands to the mat or cross your arms and hold onto opposite elbows.
- Stay in the pose for 3-5 breaths.
- Come up to standing on an exhalation.
- You can bring your hands to blocks if you can’t comfortable reach the mat.
- Avoid this pose if you have a lower back injury.
MASTER THE POSE