- Stretches the hip flexors, abs, intercostals, chest, arms and wrists.
- Strengthens the feet, hamstrings, glutes, hips, back, shoulders, arms and hands.
- Increases spinal and shoulder mobility.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the mat, hip-width apart.
- Bring your hands next to your ears with your fingertips pointing back towards your shoulders.
- Inhale, lift up onto the top of your head, hug your elbows in and pause for a moment.
- Exhale, straighten your arms and legs and push up into Wheel. Relax your head and neck.
- Press into your feet, engage your hamstrings and try to keep your thighs parallel.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- To come out of the pose, tuck your chin and come down onto the back of your neck, before lowering slowly all the way down to the mat.
- Take a break for a few breaths before you repeat the pose.
- Bring one hand to your belly and one hand to your chest. Walk your feet out to the edges of the mat and drop both knees slowly left and right to release your lower back.
- This is an advanced pose so please make sure you’re fully warmed up, that you have sufficient strength and flexibility in your shoulders and that you don’t go too deep.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist, back, shoulder or neck injury.