- Strengthens the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, thighs and glutes.
- Stretches the quads, hip flexors, abs, chest and shoulders.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Upward-Facing Dog is a fairly unique pose, since it only shows up as part of a sequence known as a viñyasa.
- It is identical to Cobra except that you straighten your arms and lift your thighs up off the mat.
- Draw your shoulders back, lengthen your neck and look straight ahead.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, ankle, wrist, hip, lower back or shoulder injury.