- Stretches the stretches the obliques, lats, ribcage, shoulders and arms.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Improves breathing efficiency.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing straight ahead.
- Inhale, sweep your arms out and up, interlace your fingers leaving your index and middle fingers free to point up.
- Exhale, engage your core, and bend to the right. Keep your arms by your ears to avoid collapsing forward.
- Inhale, come up to centre, reach up. Exhale, bend to the left. Keep your chest open and feel the stretch down the right side of your body.
- Repeat 2-5 times each side.
- Inhale, come back to centre, stretch up. Exhale, release your hands back down by your sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a shoulder injury.