Sphinx pose is a beginner level backbend that increases spinal mobility, improves posture and can help to alleviate lower and upper back pain.
- Counterpose to your riding position.
- Compresses the lower back.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Improves posture.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Lie face down on the mat with your legs hip-width apart.
- Come up to your forearms and check that your elbows are directly beneath your shoulders.
- Draw your shoulders away from your ears and gently contract your abs.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Avoid this pose if you have an elbow injury.
MASTER THE POSE