- Stretches the groin, hamstrings and calves.
- Opens up the hips.
- Improves mobility in the ankles, knees and hips.
- Strengthens the feet and ankles.
- From Runners Lunge, turn your back heel down and walk your hands to the back of the mat for Side Lunge.
- Drop your hips and flex your front foot to feel a stretch in your calf and hamstring.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, walk your hands to the top of your mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, ankle or knee injury.