Runners Lunge strengthens the knees, quads, glutes and hips and stretches the ankles, calves, hamstrings, hip flexors and groin.
- Strengthens the knees, quads, glutes and hips.
- Stretches the ankles, calves, hamstrings, hip flexors and groin.
- From Downward Dog, step your right foot in between your hands.
- Check that your front knee doesn’t come forward over your ankle and that your toes and knee point straight ahead.
- Press back through your left heel to straighten your back leg.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, ankle, knee or hip injury.
MASTER THE POSE