Revolved Side Angle is an advanced twisting hip opener that increases spinal mobility and stretches the calves and hamstrings.
- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips and glutes.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, TFL, IT band, hips, abs, obliques, chest and neck.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Improves balance.
- Enhances focus and concentration.
- From Low Lunge, come up and press your palms together at your chest. Exhale, bring your right elbow to the outside of your left thigh and twist to the left.
- You can stay here or tuck your back toes, lift your right knee off the mat to come into Revolved Side Angle.
- Engage your muscles and try to hold the pose completely still for 3-5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, bring your hands back down to the mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
VARIATION: Modified Revolved Side Angle
- You may find this variation more or less challenging depending on your flexibility.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee, hip, back or shoulder injury.
MASTER THE POSE