Revolved Head-To-Knee is a tricky pose that can be great to stretch the sides of the body and the calves and hamstrings, if you have the flexibility.
- Stretches the obliques, intercostals, serratus anterior, lats, shoulders, triceps, calves and hamstrings.
- Opens up the hips.
- From seated, bring your right leg out wide, flex your right foot and press the sole of your left foot against your right inner thigh.
- Inhale, sit up tall. Exhale, bring your right elbow and forearm inside your right leg palm facing up.
- Inhale, sweep your left arm up and over. Exhale, relax into the pose.
- Keep your right foot flexed and be careful not to let your left shoulder fall forward.
- Come back to centre and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, ankle or knee injury.
MASTER THE POSE