- Strengthens the feet, ankles, glutes and hips.
- Stretches the calves, hamstrings, adductors and glutes, abs, obliques and chest.
- Increases rotational spinal mobility.
- Improves balance and coordination.
- Starting in Modified Warrior 3 with your fingertips resting on the mat or on blocks, level hips and pressing back through your left heel, sweep your right hand up to the sky, lengthen your spine and twist your body to the right.
- Press firmly into your standing leg, left from the arch of your foot up to your groin and check that your left toes point straight down.
- Reach up with your top hand and hold the pose for 3-5 deep breaths.
- Bring your right hand down to the mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have any injuries! It’s high risk.