- Strengthens the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, back, hips, legs and feet.
- Stretches the lats, shoulders, abs, hamstrings and calves.
- Increases rotational spinal mobility.
- From Downward Dog, bring your left palm to the centre of the mat and reach your right hand back to your left thigh, calf or ankle. You can bend your knees as much as you need to to get the twist in your upper body.
- Look up, twist and press your left palm firmly into the mat.
- Hold the pose for 5 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- To come out of the pose, take a deep breath in. Exhale, release the pose and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist, shoulder or back injury.