Reclining Sidebend is a restorative pose that stretches the entire length of the side body—especially the obliques and shoulders.
- Stretches the obliques, intercostals, serratus anterior, lats, delts and triceps.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Lie on your back. Stretch your arms up overhead and take hold of opposite elbows.
- Shift your feet and upper body over to the right to feel a gentle stretch down the left-hand side of your body.
- Stay here for a few breaths and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have back or shoulder injury
MASTER THE POSE