- Opens up the chest and shoulders.
- Stretches the arms, abs and the entire length of the spine.
- Releases tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Can help to alleviate neck, shoulder and lower back pain.
- Relieves stress.
- From all fours, walk your hands out in front of you, push your hips half way back towards your heels and continue to slide your palms forward as you drop your forehead onto the mat.
- Reach through your fingertips and draw your hips back to feel a nice long stretch in the arms, shoulders, spine and abs.
- Stay in the pose for a few minutes, breathing in and out through your nose.
- Walk your hands back and come up to all fours.
VARIATION: Puppy Pose with Shoulder Opener
- Bring your elbows down onto 2 blocks or a pillow and your hands together in Reverse Prayer to stretch the lats and open up the shoulders.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee injury.