Mountain pose strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips, glutes and core, improves posture, focuses the mind, and increases body awareness.
- Strengthens the feet, ankles, legs, hips, glutes and core.
- Improves posture.
- Focuses the mind.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing forward.
- Balance your weight between the base of your big toe, the base of your little toe and your inner and outer heel—not pronating (rolling in) or supinating (rolling out).
- Draw your shoulders back, broaden across your collarbones and let your arms fall naturally by your sides—palms facing inwards, fingers soft.
- Align your ears over your shoulders, your ribcage over your pelvis and your hips over your knees and ankles.
- Centre your head on top of your shoulders and look straight ahead.
- Relax your jaw and the muscles in your face.
- Inhale deep into your diaphragm and as you exhale, gently contract your abs to support your spine.