- Stretches the glutes, groin and hamstrings.
- Relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Lie on your back and hug your knees into your chest.
- Keep your feet together and bring your knees out wide. Thread your hands through and take hold of the outsides of your feet.
- Bring your ankles out over your knees, flex your feet and gently pull them down towards you.
- If you can’t reach your feet, you can hold onto your ankles or shins.
- Press your lower back into the mat and rock gently from side to side.
- Stay in the pose for 5-10 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Avoid this pose if you have a knee injury.