Half-Twisted Lizard stretches the quads, hip flexors, glutes, groin and chest, increases spinal mobility, and can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Stretches the ankles, quads, hip flexors, glutes, groin, chest, shoulders and neck.
- Opens up the hips.
- Increases rotational spinal mobility.
- Can help to alleviate lower back pain.
- Step your left foot forward into Low Lunge, drop your right knee and release your back foot. Bring your hands to the mat on either side of your front foot. Check that your front knee is directly above your ankle.
- Pick up your right foot, take hold of it with your left hand and walk your left foot out to the edge of your mat.
- Drop your left shoulder back and look up to the sky.
- Gently pull your right foot in towards you, sink your hips and let your left knee fall open. Keep pressing your right palm firmly into the mat.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- To come out of the pose, release your ankle, walk your front foot in, bring your left hand back to the mat and step back to Downward Dog for the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a a knee or shoulder injury.
MASTER THE POSE