- Improves balance.
- Strengthens the feet, ankles, knees, hips, glutes, abs and back.
- Stretches the ankles, calves, hamstrings, groin, chest and neck.
- Improves focus and concentration.
- From Warrior 2, bring your right fingertips to the mat just outside your front foot.
- Straighten your right leg and lift your left leg up to hip height. Flex your left foot.
- Reach your left hand up to the sky and look down, straight ahead, or up to your fingertips for more of a challenge.
- Stay in the pose for 3-5 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, step back to Warrior 2 and switch to the other side.
ADVANCED: Candy Cane
- Bend your left knee and take hold of your foot with your left hand. As you press the top of your foot into your palm, open up you chest and try to look up.
- Avoid this pose if you have an ankle or hip injury.