- Stretches the feet, ankles, knees, thighs, hip flexors, groin, abs, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the lower back.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Lie on your front and come up onto your forearms in Sphinx pose.
- Cross your right forearm across your body so that it is parallel to the top of your mat.
- Pick up your left foot and reach back to hold the inside of your left foot.
- Rotate your elbow up to the sky, slide your fingertips over the top of your foot and curl them over your toes.
- Apply gentle pressure with the base of your palm to the top of your foot.
- Hold the pose for 5 deep breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Release the pose and repeat on the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, knee, lower back or shoulder injury.