Flying Locust is an advanced pose that increases spinal mobility and stretches the abs, hip flexors and quads. It's awkward so take it easy.
- Stretches the abs, hip flexors and quads.
- Increases spinal mobility.
- Lie face down on the mat and bring your fingertips in line with your shoulders, elbows tight to your sides.
- Inhale, look up and lift your chest a few inches off the mat.
- Exhale, bend your right knee, lift your left leg all the way up and point your toes. Gently rest your left knee on the sole of your right foot.
- Hold the pose for 5 breaths – being careful not to over-arch your back.
- Release the pose, bring both feet to the mat and repeat on the other side.
- Avoid this pose if you have a wrist, lower back or foot injury.
MASTER THE POSE