- Improves balance.
- Stretches the quads, hip flexors, abs, chest and shoulders.
- Strengthens the feet, legs and hips.
- Trains focus and concentration.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, toes pointing straight ahead. Distribute your weight evenly—trying not to let your feet roll in or out.
- Shift your weight into your right foot.
- Bend your left knee and take hold of the inside of your left foot with your left hand and lift your right arm up.
- Take a deep breath in. Exhale, lean forward and kick your left foot back into your left hand.
- Fix your gaze on a point that isn’t moving to help you keep your balance.
- Try to hold the pose for 5-10 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Take a deep breath in, exhale release your foot and switch sides.
- Avoid this pose if you have a foot, hip or back injury.