- Strengthens the abs, obliques, lower back, hip flexors, adductors, quads, upper back and neck.
- Improves balance.
- Sit with your knees bent, feet together, flat on the mat.
- Hold onto the backs of your thighs and lean back slightly. Inhale, lift your chest, pick up your feet and balance on your sitting bones.
- Bring your toes up to eye-line and hold the pose steady. Engage your abs and lift your chest to prevent your lower back from rounding.
- If you have your balance, you can let go of the backs of your legs, squeeze your shoulder blades together and turn your palms up to the sky.
- Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths, in and out through your nose.
- Avoid this pose if you have a neck or lower back injury.