We move through some gentle poses to stretch the spine, hips, calves, hamstrings and lower back and finish with a soothing Body Scan Meditation. It’s pure feel-good indulgence.
- Open up the hips.
- Increase spinal mobility.
- Stretch the calves and hamstrings.
- Relieve pain in the back, neck and shoulders.
- Strap (optional for Head-To-Knee)
- Rest day.
- Unfortunately, the tighter you are, the more you might benefit from a few simple props. If you can’t sit back on your heels in Child’s pose, put a pillow or two under your butt and a cushion under your feet, use a block if you have one for Supported Bridge and a strap or belt in Head-to-Knee pose so you don’t jam your lower back.
- If you have a lower back disc injury, the Forward Bends in this sequence—Ragdoll, Head-To-Knee and Folded Butterfly—may not be suitable for you.