Boost Your Performance and Accelerate Your Recovery
in 15 Minutes a Day
Yoga for MTB is a comprehensive program of 15-minute yoga videos for all the riders out there looking to accelerate their performance—both physically and mentally. For those of you who have an inkling that yoga can give you the edge that you’ve been searching for.
READY TO TRAIN HARDER, RECOVER FASTER AND RACE SMARTER?
This program is structured around 5 yoga skills that will help you to perform better, recover faster and race smarter. You can either choose to design your own schedule from the library of 100+ videos, or ask for my help in putting together the best plan for you.
YOUR 5 SKILLS
The focus is static stretching—to increase flexibility, improve range of motion, release tight muscles and alleviate pain. Best to do after a ride.
Strong muscles and joints support safe, controlled, powerful movement. Best to do in the morning or before a ride to activate key muscles.
For balance, proprioception, coordination and body control. Best to do pre-ride to activate key muscles and focus the mind.
Relatively fast-paced and akin to a vinyāsa or Flow class and designed to break you out of habitual movement patterns. Best as a dynamic warm-up.
Designed for athletic recovery and stress relief—consisting of breathing, stretching, and meditation. Best to do at the end of the day.
TOP 20 WAYS THIS PROGRAM CAN BOOST YOUR PERFORMANCE AND RECOVERY
1. Relief from persistent pain.
2. Loosen up tight muscles.
3. Counteract muscular imbalances.
4. Increase postural awareness, on and off the bike.
5. Speed up recovery and reduce muscle soreness.
6. Relieve stress.
7. Promote relaxation.
8. Boost the immune system.
9. Enhance sleep quality.
10. Add years to your riding.
11. Improve balance and proprioception.
12. Strengthen the core.
13. Activate weak or inhibited muscles.
14. Improve body control.
15. Lubricate and stabilise the joints.
16. Improve movement efficiency and precision.
17. Enhance coordination.
18. Train all planes of movement.
19. Increase lung capacity and breathing efficiency.
20. Enhance focus, concentration and mental clarity.
MY YOGA FOR MTB STORY …
While I was at my first Yoga Teacher Training in Guatemala, my boyfriend at the time, who was a competitive mountain biker, was riding in the volcanoes above Lake Atitlán. He came to pick me up by boat on the last day, and as usual, his lower back was killing him.
Over the previous few months, the pain had often become so unbearable that he hadn’t been able to get out of bed without my help and he’d been told that surgery was unavoidable. That evening, I showed him a few simple poses I had learnt during my training and for the first time in ages, he felt significant, long-lasting relief from the pain.
Charley became my first client and together we designed the perfect 15-minute yoga routines to address his muscular imbalances and manage the pain. At first, he had to practice yoga every day and now, a few years on, he just needs to do it once or twice a week when he’s riding or travelling more than usual.
What I learnt from working with Charley, and through my subsequent research and practical experience, is that each sport involves the repetition of a limited range of movements that over time, establishes a pattern of muscular imbalances that cause pain and postural dysfunction.
Lower back pain in riders is commonly associated with:
- Tight hamstrings and hip flexors.
- Weak core and glutes.
- A tight and over-worked lower back.
- Over-developed quads and calves.
- Anterior pelvic tilt.
“the pain had often become so unbearable that he hadn’t been able to get out of bed”
In yoga, we address these imbalances by stretching the muscles that are tight, strengthening those that are weak and restoring key ranges of motion.
WHY STUDENTS LOVE THE YOGA FOR MTB PROGRAM
“I felt a difference physically and mentally after my first session. Within a week I was pain free. I began a daily yoga routine and haven’t looked back.”
“I remember seeing results almost directly after the first session! It has greatly improved my cornering technique and made me faster!”
“Abi’s lessons have been great as they specifically target the damage that we do to ourselves as riders, and help to restore the balance that we need.”
“I have been doing Abi’s yoga religiously for over a year. I have been able to increase my flexibility substantially and no longer feel pain in my knees.”
“Can’t recommend this stuff enough. Thanks so much for opening my eyes to yoga and for presenting it in such a low key yet effective way.”
“You’ve done so much for me I can hardly explain how much I appreciate the content you put out. Living in pain is a unique and terrible thing.”
YOGA FOR MOUNTAIN BIKERS
YOUR COMPLETE AT-HOME TRAINING IN 15 MINUTES A DAY
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO GET STARTED?
I have tried to keep equipment to a minimum in these videos but unfortunately, the tighter you are, the more props are going to help you out.
- A mat: don’t be too cheap as this will be frustrating in the long-term. Make sure it is grippy, durable and long enough if you’re tall. Manduka are a great, high quality brand.
- Comfortable clothes that you can move freely in. Baggy clothes don’t really work.
- Cushions and pillows to prop you up.
- A towel or blanket to put under your knees if they give you gyp.
- 2 blocks and a strap (a belt is just as good).
SIGN UP FOR THE FREE TRIAL AND GET STARTED NOW
- Unlimited access to over a hundred videos.
- 15-day free trial — risk free.
- Billed monthly, $15/month — cancel anytime.
- Unlimited yoga support.